Dienstag, 9. April 2013

The enmeshed Tuesdaysquestion


Today Wollschaf wants to know:

Recently I've started a new pullover. For its yarn I looked everywhere! Barely I'd started, I couldn't find the pattern again. When I lended the appropriate book and made a copy, I discovered a mistake and had to undo a big part. And that was just the beginning of a series of mishaps until I stopped the pullover enervated.
Now my question: does it happen to you, too, that you can't finish a project by no means?
 

Lot of thanks to "Praagelmam" for today's question!



Of course I have such projects. Or another problem: I don't have any more yarn due to wrong calculating.

Sometimes I have the problem to knit the second sock. The first is finished really fast, but the second...
 
Just once I abandoned a jacket for my husband. I exactly followed the pattern with the stated needle size, knitted with the original yarn. It was a birthday present. But unfortunately it got far too big. My darling could have wraped it two times. That was the last time, I started knitting without doing a gauge.

I undid the complete jacket (of course I had already sewed up) and I knitted a gauge. But no matter how hard I tried, I never got the stated size, even though when I took a different needle size. 

Since then this wool rests, still wounded in balls, on the attic. My husband got a different jacket. Another model, another wool.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen